Submission deadline: 15 November 2014
Dates: Monday, 29 June 2015 – Wednesday, 1 July 2015
Location: Faculty of Law, University of Amsterdam (the Netherlands)
The 15th conference of the International Association of Consumer law is organized on the theme of “Virtues and Consumer Law”. We kindly invite participants from all around the world to submit an abstract of a paper they would like to present during the conference addressing one of the virtues and consumer protection issues. The conference will run from approximately 10:00 AM on Monday, June 29, 2015 to 4:30 PM on Wednesday, July 1, 2015. It will be held at the Faculty of Law of the University of Amsterdam. The goal of this conference is to provide a forum where leading international scholars, practitioners, representatives of consumer organizations, public authorities and business can gather together to present and discuss issues relevant to consumer protection in many sectors (financial law, health law, information law, sales law, etc.) and from various perspectives. We welcome both theoretical and empirical submissions.
While papers on all topics related to consumer protection are welcome, we especially encourage submissions related to the following topic areas:
- Self-realization (in tourism, air travel or entertainment sector);
- Faith (in public and/or private enforcement of consumer law, in collective redress);
- Curiosity (in e-commerce, telecommunication sector or on innovation and consumer law);
- Compassion (towards vulnerable consumers, in medicine or in clinical trials); Frugality (in the banking sector or in financial contracts);
- Fairness (against unfair commercial practices and/or misleading advertising, against unfair contract terms, in protection of SMEs, through good faith and fair dealing);
- Trust (through data protection, on privacy and security issues, through product safety and/or product liability, from behavioural economics perspective);
- Forgiveness (through mediation or ADR);
- Self-development (through education, through services, through consumer sale contracts);
- Hope (against overindebtness, through clean-slate doctrine, by way of insurance).
All interested should submit an abstract (500 words maximum) of a paper they would like to present and a CV to this address: [email protected] by November 15, 2014. All submissions will be reviewed by the organizers of the conference. All participants will be notified of the organizers’ decisions by January, 15, 2015. The timely notification should allow participants to benefit from often announced in January various reductions on flights to Amsterdam (for example, with the Dutch airline KLM).
The chosen papers will be presented during concurrent workshop sessions with the presentation time being (strictly) limited to max 15 minutes. There will be short discussion time guaranteed in each concurrent workshop session. Authors of best papers will be presented with a possibility of publishing them in a volume, however, all authors will be ultimately free to publish their work in other venues, if they choose so. Please note that ALL participants (including presenters of the chosen papers for each concurrent workshops sessions) are expected to timely register according to the Registration policy as set on our website, which involves timely and full payment of the registration fee. Participants are warmly invited to attend all days of the conference, including the social program (drinks after the closing of the conference on both Monday and Tuesday; two conference dinners, on Monday and Tuesday respectively; canal boat ride).
1 thought on “Call for Papers – 15th conference of the IACL”
I´m from Argentina and I would like to submit an abstract.
My native language is spanish. Has my CV be sent in english, or could it be in spanish?
Thank you very much.
María Florencia Clément
Comments are closed.